Thursday, January 10, 2013

Miracles




"In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praises of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves." 
Ephesians 1: 5-6


I got to witness an incredible miracle on Monday afternoon. Actually, I got to witness TEN miracles. The miracle of adoption. Watching a child go from an orphan to a daughter, a sister, a nice, and a granddaughter. A child to become a part of a forever family... THEIR forever family. This was a child who was once left and abandoned to being part of a family who has prayed over, paperchased, put in time and emotional energy to bring them home.

I have heard for the past 10 years about my sister's "gotcha day" but to really being able to experience it is something else! I want to weep just thinking about it. It was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had.

And isn't that just like God? How He turns something so awful and painful like abandonment into something beautiful, adoption. Reminds me of how God has adopted us as His sons and daughters.

"And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...