Monday, January 21, 2013

March 21st


March 21st. 
That is the day I will be flying home for two months. 
I am going home for several reasons. 

One is that my visa will expire soon and I need to apply for another one. Now I could go somewhere to renew it but since I was planning a trip home sometime this summer anyways, decided I might as well do it all at once.

The second reason is that I'm just ready to be home. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love what I do. I love the foster home and my job here in China but it gets draining. 
I'm tired and I miss my family and friends. I am planning on staying another year in China and in order to be ready for that, I really feel that I need a few months away to rest and renew. 

The third reason is to raise support for my second year in China. Now I'm not anticipating this to be too difficult but still something that need to be done. Emails, Facebook, and newsletters are great, but I really want the opportunity to meet with people in person. To share with them my experiences and heart.

Now that my plane ticket is bought and my hotel booked (I have to stay in Guangzhou the night before I fly out since my flight leaves in the morning), I'm anxious to go. I want to click my heals together and be home (I could do without having the 25+ hours of travel in order to get there though!). 
I'm anxious to see my Mom and my Dad.
My brothers and sister.
My two nephews.
My grandparents.
My friends.
My Church family. 
I have mixed feelings. I'm so anxious to be home but I know I will miss my little ones so much. They will change so much in 2 months and who knows.... some may even be adopted during that time! 

But for right now, I'm still here. God is going to use me a lot in the next 2 months and there is no need for me to rush ahead to March 21st when God is going to use me now. Now if only I can convince my heart of that...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...