Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012 Highlights

Well Christmas 2012 has come and gone. Amazing how much preparation we put into this one day holiday. All the shopping, cooking, baking, stressing for one day. This year I was able to relax a bit more on Christmas. It was probably the best Christmas I could have had away from home. I miss my family dearly, but God has blessed me people in China whom I could celebrate with.


Christmas Eve started off with saying goodbye to one of our little ones as he joined his adoptive family! Praise God! What wonderful Christmas present for them. Even though we will miss him, we couldn't be happier. After saying goodbye to him, it was cooking, cooking, and MORE cooking! A friend of mine who is an English teacher in my area, came over for Christmas Even dinner.


I cooked ranch chicken, potatoes, broccoli (had to throw some chinese in there!), and brownies and ice cream for desert. It was delicious if I do say so myself. We had our own Christmas Eve service with lighting candles and reading the story of Christ's birth. 

Afterwards we spent the rest of the evening with the Bush family watching Polar Express, which is a family tradition at my house. Christmas Eve came to a close with Skyping my older brother and his family. Loved seeing my nephews although I think my 3 1/2 year old nephew was a bit jealous when I told him that Santa came to China first. :-) After that, chatting with my best friend from college to bring in Christmas.


Christmas morning was definitely a bit different than usual. Look at all those presents from my family and friends. I am so blessed!


Before opening my gifts, I decided to make an all American breakfast and treat myself to bacon, eggs, and of course Starbucks coffee. Yummy. Then a little Christmas music and the gift opening began!


Thank you everyone who has sent me a gift. I was so blessed from family, friends, and others I have never even met. Thank you for making my Christmas special.


I have received lots of food this Christmas which I have LOVED! Here I am pretty excited about the muffin mix, brownie mix, and coffee. Thank you, thank you!


After my gifts were open, it was time to head over to say Merry Christmas to the children and then spend the rest of the day with the Bush family watching Christmas movies and eating. That's how Christmas should be whether you are in China of the US!


It was very relaxing and allowed me to really focus on the real reason for the season. I have so much to be thankful for. Good friends, amazing family, and 10 precious children to love on each day.

Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...