Friday, September 14, 2012

This is So Hard

“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

~Zephaniah 3:17

This is so hard. Hard watching my precious Sweetheart go into surgery. Hard sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours just waiting for something. Praying for her. Worrying over her. Crying over her. Knowing that her situation is completely out of my hands.

As I held her before surgery, praying over her, I was brought to tears. I love this little girl so much. And it broke my heart that I am not 30. I know, who says that?! If I were 30 though (the minimum age to adopt from China), I would do everything I could to make this little girl my daughter forever. But I am not. And that broke my heart even more. Knowing that I love her like she is my own, but also knowing that she will never be fully mine. And so I continue to pray for her forever family, wherever they are.

As I woke up this morning, I was filled with anxiety, then with peace. I love this little girl, but my Heavenly Father loves her even more. Even while we “wait” today to hear how she is doing, God knows. He is holding her right now in ICU. Singing over her. Rocking her. And bringing her comfort and peace.

It’s one thing to trust God with my life, but trusting Him with the life of another is harder. Today I’m devoting to prayer. Prayer for my Sweetheart.

Will you pray with me? These next 24 hours are critical for this precious little girl.

I know that she has people all over the world praying for her. She’s a fighter. And I fully believe she will come through.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

(Taken her first trip to the hospital back in March.)

Anneli

5 comments:

  1. Oh I've been stalking you for updates on this precious little love! I can't stop thinking about her. Khloe and I prayed for her again tonight. I've been praying whenever I have that promting on my heart, even if just short, He hears every word!

    Know you are in my thoughts and prayers, as well. I know the deep, deep love you have for her. I understand it to the fullest. She is so precious, and you have been there with her from the very beginning. Her Heavenly Father has, too... and He is with her still! Trusting He will pull her through. She has been fearfully and wonderfully made, and I know He has big plans for her future!!

    Sending BIG HUGS and LOTS OF LOVE your way ...share some of it with Baby C when you get the chance... give her an extra smootch for me, too!!

    Blessings & Love,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying for her and all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing, the precious little sweetheart is in my prayers (as are you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Charlotte!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful post! This verse has been on my heart lately... "Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 It can be really difficult to put this into practice sometimes, but it is sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...