Sunday, September 9, 2012

Northern Girl at Heart

I love hot weather.

And I mean REALLY hot weather.

Therefore, I was thrilled when I felt God calling me to SOUTHERN China.

And believe me, it’s been wonderful.

Yes, I’m thoroughly confused as to what time of year it is, since it’s felt like July for the past 6 months to this girl from western NY.

But I still love it.

However, it’s now September.

Which means that it is starting to turn “fall like” back in lovely NY.

And honestly, for the first time since I have been in China,

I feel a little homesick.

I miss my family and friends all the time, so that goes without saying.

But I am homesick for NY.

For the fall.

For the changing leaves.

leaves

For hot cups of coffee on cool fall mornings.

For scarves.

Those of you who know me know how I LOVE scarves.

(Above picture: scarf given to me by my dear friend, Laura, which she bought for me in Africa to add to my ‘scarves from around the world’ collection!)

I’m told I will need them here… however not for a few more months.

I miss pumpkin spiced latte’s from Starbucks.

pumpkin

And the fall festivals that go on at home.

This is the first year since I was about 6 or 7 that I have NOT gone to the Busti Apple Festival with my Mom.

Or get to go to the Women's Retreat at Camp Mission Meadows.

Even though I love the warmth.

And love where I am.

I guess I’ll always be a northern girl at heart.

But no, this northern girl will NOT be missing the snow this year (except on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day).  Winking smile

Oh NY…. how I miss you.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...