Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What’s Cooking?

One thing that has drastically changed since I moved to China is… my diet.

Now those of you who know me, know that I love to eat. I don’t know, maybe it’s that swimmer appetite still in me.  : )

However, since living in China, not only has my appetite decreased, but I’m also eating a lot healthier.

It’s not necessarily on purpose and don’t worry, my weak spot is Chinese bakeries. Yumm…… so my appetite is not gone completely!

I have fallen in love with Chinese food and Chinese cooking. I eat lots and lots of fruits, vegetables, and rice. It is not uncommon for me to have a whole meal of an assortment of vegetables with barely any (if at all!) meat.

One of my goals lately is to learn how to cook some of my favorite Chinese dishes. Here is what I learned the other night…

Spicy green beans. I think this is my favorite Chinese dish so far.

 

Fried cabbage. Oh my goodness, is it delicious.

 

And of course, fried rice.

 

If you’re lucky, maybe I’ll make you some when I’m home. : )

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...