Friday, July 6, 2012

Slowing Down

How often do I become busy with “getting things done” that I forget the little things in life such as those special moments I am able to spend with the ones I love. I become so caught up in my “schedule” and tasks that I forget to just stop, and be thankful.

Or maybe I’m the only one who struggles with this…

This past week I have had the opportunity to spend every day with one of the most precious 3 year olds I know. While the others have been a bit under the weather, this little guy and I have just been “hanging out.”

I have stopped trying to finish all of my “duties” for the day and just spend time with this treasure.

How often do I forget how blessed I am? Get caught up in a job or even in ministry and not enjoy the people or children God has placed right in front of me.

Take the time today with the people you love. Forget the “to do” list. Love your families, friends, children, spouses, and people He has placed before you.

Isn’t that what life’s about anyways?

There will always be SOMETHING to do. But they only stay little so long…

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...