Saturday, May 26, 2012

How Has It Been 10 Years?!?!

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

Luke 18:16-17

gotchaday

Today is Kiah’s 10 year “gotcha day!!!” For those of you who don’t know the adoption “lingo,” it means the day we “got her.” Since Kiah joined our family through adoption, we feel that it is very important to not only celebrate her birthday, but also her “gotcha day.” Therefore, she has 2 birthdays per year. Lucky girl!!!

10 years ago today in Zunyi, China, she was placed in my parents arms and our lives will never be the same. She has been such a joy and a blessing to our family, we can’t imagine life without her. She has such a sweet spirit. She loves Jesus and loves people. I often wish that I had a heart as tender as hers. She notices those who are left out, don’t have anyone, and she befriends them. Talk about “faith like a child.” Kiah really understands that, and I could definitely learn a few things from her!

I often wonder if I would be where I am now if she never joined our family. God definitely placed the burden for China’s orphans on my hearts after she came home. Would I be in China now? I have no idea! But God knows all things and He knew that having this precious little girl in our family would encourage me to move to the other side of the world to share His love with the fatherless and the orphaned. I am truly blessed.

Happy 10th “gotcha day,” my sweet Kiah Hope RuiQing. I love you so very much and miss you every single day. I’m so excited to see how the Lord is using you now and how He will continue to in the future.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...