Saturday, May 12, 2012

Change of Heart

“Teach me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”
                                                                                                                                                        ~Psalm 25:4-5
Today was a day of God teaching me an important lesson. Do you ever have those days that don’t go according to plan? Maybe you had the day all planned out and then something happened and you had to change your whole day?

That was my day today. I had a rough week. I say rough week, but it was actually a very good week. God revealed some things in my life that I knew I needed to address, change, and work on. And how I needed to change  some of my ways of thinking. But that will be a post for another day.

Anyways, I was REALLY looking forward to today, Saturday. I was going to a cookout with some friends of mine and was excited to get away for the day and spend it with people who speak English. I was meeting my ride at 10:30 a.m. I decided to stop into the foster home for a bit to see my kiddos before leaving for the day.

I was just finishing up giving my little sweetheart her bottle before I heading out when one of the nannies showed me the bottom of my precious gem. She had a terrible rash! I knew about the rash from yesterday but hadn’t seen it.Poor little thing.
Of course what do you do when you do NOT speak the language, therefore cannot communicate very well with the nanny or talk to a doctor if she needs to go to a hospital AND your Foster Home Manager is out of town for the weekend?? YOU PANIC! Oh wait… no you don’t. You call the Foster Home Manager and ask what in the world you are supposed to do!
To make this a long story short, one of the nannies brought my little gem to the local clinic and got some medicine for her which should help. However, I was asked to stay around for the day in case she needed to go to the hospital since I currently am holding onto the credit card for the foster home. All that to say, my plans for the day were cancelled.

My little gem is doing okay. I’m going to go check on her after I finish this post but I wasn’t needed today. At first, I was disappointed. I didn’t want ANOTHER day here by myself. But God had other plans. And He gave me a change of heart.

I knew I was having a bad attitude. What do I do for a bad attitude? I visit my favorite Chinese bakery, grab my Bible, and head for my favorite little pavilion by the water.
As I was complaining to God (yes I was…), He told me, “Anneli, you can be disappointed and have a bad attitude all day or you can choose to be joyful.” Hmmm…. isn’t that how we react often times though? Or maybe it’s just me. I would rather throw myself a pity party than look at the day God has given me and be thankful for it.

After spending some much needed time with Him, I picked up my camera and went out to enjoy the beautiful day God had given me and to capture some good pictures. When I get stressed or sad, I love being outside with my camera.

The other thing I love is water. I know, huge surprise! It’s a stress reliever for me. And after my week and just feeling lonely and inadequate, it was the therapy I needed. I had yet to visit our local pool so I took advantage of the beautiful sunny day to work on my tan. I spent 3 hours swimming and reading and it was glorious. Reminded me how wonderful life can be and how good our God really is.

“In their hearts human beings plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.”
~Proverbs 16:9
Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...