Tuesday, April 17, 2012

She Cried When I Left…

This little one is not one to just give her heart to anyone. But once she trusts you… she REALLY trusts you.

I’ve been here 4 weeks now and she has taken her time to warm up to me. Goodness, she has taken her time! From the first time I met her, she has been hesitant, not quite sure of what she thought of this crazy foreigner. As time has gone on, she would play with me but still would not let me hold her.

It’s been frustrating at times because I just want to tell her “you can trust me!” However, I’ve resisted and instead given her space and allowed her to earn my trust in her own time, not mine.

Today she not only allowed me to hold her, but she actually cried when I left for my lunch break. This is not to say that I like to make children cry, but did make my heart swell to think that she actually WANTED me. 

Oh, little one, how much I love you and am SO glad that you decided I was worthy of your trust.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hmmm….. this must be what God has to go through with us sometimes!

Anneli

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...