Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Living in Saturday

As much as I love China and as much as I love what God has called me to do, I’m still human and I have struggles. My Mom and I had a conversation the other morning that has been on my mind ever since and I felt the need to share. I’m sharing for two reasons: one, because I’d love prayer, and two, because I believe when God places something on our hearts so strongly, we are to share it with others and bless them.

We were talking about Easter weekend and how the crucifixion happened on Friday and the Resurrection on Sunday. What my Mom said next has stayed with me ever since…

 “But what happened on Saturday?”

I contemplated this for several seconds before replying,“I’ve never thought of that before….”

Now think about it. Think of Mary and the disciples. What were THEY thinking on Saturday? Here Christ had come to earth as a man, performed miracles and healings, and bringing people to Him. However, then He was killed.

“Is that it? What was THAT about?” they must have asked.

We all go through struggles and trials in our lives. Not because God wants us too, but because He knows what will draw us closer to Him and what is best for us. James 1:2-3 states:

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m not a huge fan of trials. Living in China I definitely have my trials and I’m also in a period of healing. I’ve experienced my “crucifixion” or Friday, and I’m in a period of waiting. I’m living in my Saturday. I don’t know what God is doing. I don’t know what His plans are or why I had to go through what I went through or the daily struggle I still experience. What I DO know is that He has a plan in all of this.  So for now, I’m clinging to the fact that “Sunday is coming.” That He has a plan and He has a purpose, and that they will be far better than I could ever think or imagine. Eventually, I’ll have my “resurrection”….. my Sunday.

“So do not through away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.”

~Hebrews 10:35-36

One of my favorite songs lately is by Matt Redman titled “Never Once".”  The chorus is:

Never once did we ever walk alone,

Never once did you leave us on our own.

You are faithful, God, You are faithful.

No matter how long you have to live in your Saturday. Remember that Sunday is coming and that God has not and will never leave you. “He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

Anneli

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you. I've never heard of "living in Saturday" the way you put it, but when I look back on my life I realize that most of the work God has done in my life has taken place on a Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...