Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bittersweet

Saying goodbye is tough. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I know that I’m going to be gone longer this time. Or maybe is the uncertainty of it all. Or it could be a combination of all the above.

I’m in the air as we speak, bound for China. Okay, so this wont be posted until after I have arrived in China, but figured I’d take advantage of my 13 hour flight and write a post. I’m excited but honestly, right now I’m just sad. Sad for all that I’m leaving behind.

026

I have been so proud of Kiah, she has been doing so well with this whole thing. However, this morning I knew it would be tough for her. She just gave me “that look” and then she lost it. Held onto me with all that she had and cried her little heart out. It broke my heart leaving her.

027

I have peace in knowing that I am right where I’m supposed to be. And it will be alright. I’m trying to give myself a little grace, knowing that it’ll take time to adjust to my new life. And I’ve realized that it’s ok to be sad.

028

This plane ride has been rough. I feel like I’m super excited one minute and trying hard not to start sobbing the next. It’s just really heard. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts.

Anneli

1 comment:

  1. I'm just coming back to comment and let you know how much I admire you for this big decision you have made to move half-a-world away for such a time as this. I know it is where God has led you for this season of your life, but that doesn't mean it comes without a price. I also know it is VERY hard emotionally ~ not just on you, but your family back home, as well. I'm praying for ALL of you during this time, especially during this initial adjustment and for sweet Kiah... the bond you two share is so special, so separation is surely hard.

    Keep looking up when you're feeling down, and know that others have got you covered in prayer. We love you, Anneli ~ and we're SO proud of you and the HUGE step of faith you have taken in this journey ~ but I have a feeling the rewards will be worth the cost!!

    God bless you and I pray the jet lag soon subsides and that you have safe travels to GZ as you get settled at NDS.

    Love and Hugs!!

    OXO,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...