Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winter Retreat

I love retreats. I mean REALLY love retreats. I have had the blessing for the last 3 years to work with the youth at my Church. I originally began working with the youth to help and bless them. But once again, they have blessed me. I realized this weekend just how much I’m going to miss these kids. They were in junior high when I first began helping out and I have had the amazing blessing to watch them grow and mature into young men and women of God. I will miss them far more than I wish to think about

Retreats have always been one of my favorite parts of youth group. It’s a time to get away from the “every day routine,” have some quiet time with Jesus and relaxation, and spend some one-on-one time with the youth. I also get to spend youth retreats at one of my favorite places on earth, Camp Mission Meadows.

This weekend was a ski retreat. I am NOT a skier but I knew that this would be my last retreat for a while and I was able to get some good pictures of all the fun they had.

I will miss the Zion youth greatly. Thanks for letting me be a part of your life for the last 3 years.

013

Overlooking the lake

 

006

Steven & Tage having fun tubing

 

003

I call this the “beached wale” pose. :  )

 

009

Good candid shot

 

019

My “facebook buddy,” Michaela. Such an amazing young woman!

 

020

“My girls” – Brooke & Morgan, seems like just yesterday they were in 7th grade!

 

402106_664976405287_49604925_33320308_1208545754_n

The whole gang…. going to miss you guys!

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...