Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love of Christ

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”

~Jeremiah 31:3

I am one blessed girl. Have I ever mentioned how wondering my Dad is? I think maybe he knew that this Valentine’s Day was going to be a little more difficult than usual for me. I was very touched to find these beautiful flowers waiting for me when I arrived home from work.

024

Since today is the “day of love,” I’ve been thinking a lot about what it means to love and to be loved. And most importantly, how much Christ loves us. I mean REALLY loves us. If I think my earthly Daddy loves me, it blows my mind how much my Heavenly Father loves me!

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!”

~I John 3:1

023

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

~John 13:34-35

025

“Give thanks to the God of Heaven. His love endures forever.”

~ Psalm 136:26

026

“ I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

~ Ephesians 3:16-19

031

This Valentine’s Day, think how much much you are loved by Christ. There is nothing you can or can’t do to make Him love you any more or any less. Is that pretty cool or what?

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...