Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh My….

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”

James 1:5-6

Sometimes God answers in ways clearer than others. And when we ask, He will answer. I was spending some time in prayer over what has happened in my life over the last 6 months. How drastically my life has changed. And how God is leading me in a totally different direction than where I thought I’d be going. How He has made some things EXTREMELY clear but others, He remains silent. And I was becoming frustrated with His silence. Frustrated with not knowing what He wants me to do, what I should be thinking or feeling, or honestly how I should even be praying. And I was crying out to Him. How I’m hurt and sad and even kind of angry at God for what has happened. And I told Him that I need a sign.

“Why did You make China so clear to me and being so silent on the turmoil I’ve gone through in the last 6 months? I need a sign to know that You are there and that you have a plan. That You are in control of my life and that Your plans are good.”

Yep, that’s what I told God. Through my tears and my pain, I once again cried out to Him like I have done over and over again since May. And He was once again silent. However, when I got home, I decided to upload my pictures from Niagara Falls from that afternoon. And this is the picture I see…..

033

Oh my….. that’s when the tears began falling. When He speaks, sometimes it is very clear. As clear as day, there is my reminder. He is still here. He hasn’t left me or abandoned me. He doesn’t want me to be sad or upset. He wants me to continue trusting Him and listening for His voice. And He has good plans. Far greater plans than I could ever put together on my own.

I tried to justify to my Dad how I think the cross got there and he kept smiling and said “nope Anneli, pretty sure that is God trying to tell you something.” And I’m pretty sure he’s right.

Anneli

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...