Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ray of Hope

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.”                       ~Ecclesiastes 3:11

gothenburg-archipelago04

A “calm in the storm” or a “ray of hope” is what I would describe the place I’m in right now. The Lord keeps putting on my heart this image of the sun peaking through the clouds after a storm. The reminder that God is faithful and God is working. That after all the ups and down, turmoil, questions, confusion, He is there. And He calms the storm. And there will be sunshine again. There is hope. Yes, there are still questions and confusion, but there is also hope for what God has done, is doing and will do.

“The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

~Deuteronomy 31:8

This verse really hit me last week when I read it. I think when life doesn’t go as planned and we are caught totally off guard, that we think it catches God by surprise as well. It’s like I sometimes think God is up in heaven trying to figure out how things went so wrong. When in fact, He has gone before us. He knows each and every situation and circumstance that is going to happen before we even go through it. That he goes BEFORE us. That He is with us. I have felt the Lord’s presence through the pain and confusion and tears. Through His faithfulness, I am in a place of healing. Of hope. Of knowing that God has such an awesome plan in store and I’m starting to see tiny pieces of that plan. That after everything God has been speaking to me over the last few months that didn’t seem to be making any sense, the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Keep trusting Him through the storms of life. The times when it feels like everything is falling apart around you. When it’s hard and you’re confused. Let Him carry you through. And He will, because He is faithful and He loves you so very much. And there will be a part in the clouds and the sun will once again shine. You will find healing in Jesus, in His love and in His faithfulness if you’ll only let Him.

“Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

~Matthew 11:28-30

Anneli

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post and reminder that God is totally in control. Thanks for your thoughts, Anneli!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...