Thursday, June 23, 2011

“What if Trials of this Life, are Your Mercies in Disguise”

 

Have you ever looked at the trials you go through as a blessing? I mean, God tells us to “consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds” (James 1:2). What?! I’m supposed to rejoice during my trials?! During the hard times and the pain? That’s what Christ calls us to do.

God is faithful. He will bring us through those hard times. And maybe. Just maybe, the trials of this life are His mercies in disguise. Because it’s easy to trust God when things are going  well. To love Him and thank Him and praise Him. But when we are in the valley’s. When we don’t see what God is doing or why we are going through something, He is using it. That is when we draw closer to Him. During our hurts and our pains and our weaknesses. To truly praise God in the storms of life. To humble ourselves before the Creator and say “God, I am broken and weak and hurt. I need You like I need the next breath.” And to let Him comfort us. To wipe our tears. To ease our pain. To hold us through those sleepless nights. And to heal us. How is a broken heart healed? Through God and God alone. If there is one thing I’ve learned the last few weeks, is that God is faithful. And He never gives us more than we can handle. Actually He does give us more than we can handle. But NEVER more than God can handle. Because when we are weak is when we will truly rely on Him. He is my only hope right now. In my darkest nights, He is there.

I don’t know what God is doing in my life. Why I have to go through such pain and heartache right now. I just wish I could see the end result. See why I have to go through this. Why God continues to take people away from me. But I’m learning to rely on Him. He never promises that people will stay with us forever. That friendships will always be there. And we may never understand why they are taken away. But God will “never leave us nor forsake us.” That I KNOW. And I have to hang on to that with everything that I have. Because there will be joy again. And happiness. And laughter. But for now, I need to hang on to Jesus. He will carry me through this trial.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...