Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Heart of Children

002

We need to really take advice from children sometimes. We think that “they’re too young” but I don’t think we give them enough credit. My sister has such a heart for Jesus. We “think about things too much rather than just do them.”

Yesterday morning when Kiah and I were getting ready for school and work, she said she had to make 2 sandwiches today. “Why do you have to make 2 sandwiches?” I ask her. Her answer put tears in my eyes: “There’s a new boy in my class and his family doesn’t have much money. His Mom doesn’t work and he doesn’t have a Dad. Yesterday he only had a small sandwich for lunch and water. So I’m making him a sandwich today. He’ll have money on Monday.”

Yes, that is the heart of Jesus. My 10 year old sister understands what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus. If only I took her advice sometimes.

001

Anneli

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful heart! This brought tears to my eyes, too. She is SO precious, Anneli!

    But for the record... you have that SAME beautiful heart!!

    God bless! <><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...