Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1 Year Ago Today…

“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”

James 1:27

032

                                             Ready to go!

 

002

                The plane I got to spend 14 lovely hours on

 

A year?!?!?! A year ago today, January 19, 2010, I boarded a plane by myself bound for Beijing. Had no idea what I was getting myself into but also had no idea how God was going to bless me. All I was doing was obeying. I knew I was supposed to go to China since I was 16 years old and yes, it took me 7 years to finally say “yes” and go. Was I scared? Absolutely! This was absolutely crazy, especially for me but I knew without a doubt that God had called me there and I was simply obeying. The amazing thing is that I thought I was going to go to China to bless these special needs orphans. When in reality…. they blessed me. My life will never be the same. These kids have changed me and for the better. It’s funny because I used to have my life “figured out.” Well, God has totally taken that from me and for the better! Ever since living in China for 4 months, I don’t think I’ll be able to do the “normal thing” for very long. Yeah I guess I am right now since I’m starting a new job in a few weeks but I know that God is calling me back overseas. When and where, I have no idea, He hasn’t revealed that to me yet. I continue to pray and seek His guidance. He’ll tell me when the time is right.

In the meantime, my heart aches for China. For my babies and toddlers and kids. To hug them and kiss them just one more time. I’m beyond blessed in the way that Lord has provided for me all along. I don’t even know how to explain the feelings going on right now and how to put them into words. All I can say is that God is amazing. How glad I am that I accepted His calling even though it was scary. I continue to pray for all my kids. The ones that have been adopted and I’ve been able to keep in touch with as well as the ones still in China. I have tears in my eyes whenever I hear of one of my precious kids being matched with a family. Whether I ever go back to China or not, they will forever remain in my heart. I miss you kids and love you so much!

“Therefore go and make disciples or all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28:19-20

Anneli

 

2 comments:

  1. And I KNOW your kids miss you, too!! We look at our photos of you and Khloe together often. I look forward to the day that you will get to meet her again and see how much she has blossomed. I also look forward to watching God's plan for your life unfold. Your obedient servant's heart is all He needs, and I know that is exactly what you have!

    God bless you, Anneli. We love you!! <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!
    That is really cool that you got to be with Kevin AND Keith (Jack!) I really wish I could meet you one day! I am so inspired by your obedient faith. I can imagine you do long to be back there with those babies!
    Hugs,
    Laine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...