Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Miss Friends....

When I went to China, I knew that I would be come super attached to the kids but never expected to make such incredible friendships. I miss them so much. I have been back in the states for almost 2 months now which is so hard to believe. It is still hard for me to believe that I actually went to China for 4 months by myself and am back. How did that happen? How did my faith become so much stronger in the past year that I was willing to go to the other side of the world by myself? It's God, that's the only way to explain it.
 
Since I've been back it's been tough. I experienced more culture shock here than I did in China and am still dealing with it. It's hard after living in such a non materialistic society to them come back to one. I miss the simple way of living in China. And I miss my friends. So much more than they know.
 
Camp is good but busy. I am being stretched so much this summer. Stretched in ways that I have never been stretched before. Will you cover me with prayers please? I know God is doing some amazing things in my life and help me to continue to trust Him through all things. Through all anxieties and uncertainties and frustrations that I will continue to lean on Him and go to Him for peace and rest.
 
"Come ot me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
                                                                       Matthew 11:28-30

3 comments:

  1. Just stopped by to say hi, I'm thinking of you, and I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's NO question that they miss you, as well! I was still there at NewDay after you left, and to say that there was a sadness lingering in the air (especially Jess...but your other roomies, too!) is an understatement! I know how much you were loved by each of them, too!!

    And I know what you mean about China... I wasn't there for four months, but the nearly 3 weeks we spent there changed my focus in many ways! I'm certain I left a piece of my heart there!!

    Khloe loves looking at photos of you and seeing the two of you together...it's so cute. She perks up and says your name very clearly when she recognizes you in a photo. She says, "ma! ma! Anneli!" SO cute!! :) I love her enthusiasm. She is just blossoming and I know I need to do a post about her personality and all the cute things she says and does, as she is changing for sure, and I don't want to forget a thing!

    BTW, did you get our email reply? Just checking... I know you are busy, but wanted to make sure you got it so you know we are thinking of you and praying for you, too!! :)

    Blessings and Hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to go ahead and admit that I got teary after I read this post.

    I miss you so, so much. I promise it's not the same without you here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...