Thursday, March 11, 2010

So blessed

I feel so blessed to be working with these children at the foster home. They are all absolutely precious. People kept telling me over and over what a great thing I was doing by "going and loving the orphans." However, that is never why I did it. I'm just doing what I know I am called to do. All I'm doing is obeying, which yes, did take me 9 years to finally do! Good thing He's patient with us rigth? Because if He wasn't, I would have missed such an incredible experience, one that is changing my life.
 
What I wasn't expecting though was how these kids were going to change my life. I knew that I was coming to love them and be a blessing to them but they have changed my life too. They have been such a blessing to me, something I don't know why but wasn't quite prepared for. Everything from their "good morning!" shouts first thing in the morning, to the many hugs and kisses I receive, to the "I love you's" (in Chinese of course) and yes, even the tears... these kids have blessed me. It is more amazing than I ever thought it would be. I abolutely love it here and love these kids. I have so much more love for them than I can even put into words. I can't tell you the number of times I have almost burst into tears when they say "I love you" or give me kisses or just smile at me with their adorable grins or chatter away in Chinese and laugh at me when I give them a confused look.
 
I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and please be continuing to think about me and these kids. Thanks for all your thoughts and email!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you entered NewDay with the intentions of blessing their lives, and in turn, it is your life that has been enriched! I've heard this time and time again from others who have served there!! I'm glad that God is so patient with us, too... and I'm glad that you did eventually answer the call to serving in China. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you next!! <><

    Blessings and Hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...