Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Womens Day!

Apparently March 8th is womens day. I'd never heard of it but I guess it's a holiday. I found out about that this morning when I got to the foster home and was told that I was going to only have a half day in honor of womens day. Women either take the whole day off or half a day off and just relax. So... that is just what I did. After my lunch break, I went and hung out with Victoria for a bit (the 6 year old I teach english to) before heading home around 3. I think we should celebrate this holiday in the states, sounds like a great idea to me!
 
So to all you women out there, happy womens day! : )

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I didn't realize it was a holiday either until Alex wished me Happy women's day today, here in Colombia. Interesting that 2 such different countries celebrate the same holiday on the same date, and yet we don't even know it exists in the States.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...