Friday, January 29, 2010

January birthday party

So today we celebrated all of the January birthday's in preschool. It was so cute! All the kids put on birthday hats and they had cake and everything! Chinese cake is really dry but the frosting is delicious. However, I didn't care. I was just glad to have something somewhat similar to home. The kids LOVED the cake and a made a mess with it as I'm sure the pictures will show. : )  Also the kids with birthdays got a small gift. I'm so glad that they make such a big deal for birthdays here. These kids need that. It's so fun because they get so excited each month when birthday parties are coming up.
 
Things are going well. I really love working in the preschool and I don't think I could have been anywhere better. The kids are all learning who I am and get really excited whenever I walk in, they get huge smiles on their faces and it just melts my heart. The're so precious. I'm already really attached to them and we are developing a special bond. It's definately hard to divide all of my attention between all the kids but I try. I also get to name the next baby that comes into the foster home so any name suggestions would be great! I'm not sure if it's going to be a boy or a girl yet. I have a few in mind, I've never named a child before!  : )  I'm also loving China more and more as each day goes on. Amazing how things get so much better once you get over jet lag.
 
I miss everyone and thanks for all your thoughts and support. I'd love to hear from you all! Enjoy the pictures!
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...