Monday, January 25, 2010

First day

Well today was my first official day at the foster home. I think I'm really going to like my work there. I'll be working mainly with the toddler age kids in the preschool. I start out my morning helping out in the playroom with a lof of the kids and then I am in the preschool from 9:30 until 11:15. Then I have a break for lunch and then will eventually be turoring some of the office staff from 2 until 3 and then the 2 year old preschool from 3 until 4:15. I will then finish off my day in the playroom again until 5.
 
The kids are so adorable and are already tugging at my heart. It just breaks my heart to hear about their stories. Apparently in China when you need medical help such as surgery, you need to pay for the whole surgery upfront. Therefore most of these children are abandoned because their parents can not afford their surgeries. It's so sad. But they are in a wonderful environment of so many people who care for them until they find forever families of their very own.
 
I will start taking some pictures of the kids tomorrow and will hopefully post them soon!
 
 
~Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...