Saturday, April 26, 2008

Secrets of the Lily Retreat


My Mom, Kathleen Jackson, and I attended the "Secrets of the Lily" Retreat which was held at Chautauqua Suits in Mayville. It was an amazing day! It was so nice to come together with 230 other women and to listen to a great speaker and great music. It was just so nice to be refreshed and some of the things that were said really hit home for me as they were about stress, unknowns, waiting on God, etc. which are all things I'm struggling with right now. God was definately trying to tell me something through all of this! If you are interested in learning more about it, visit the Lily Retreat website.

Here are a few quotes that were in our packet that I found VERY helpful and encouraging:


"Don't worry about your life... consider the lilies and how they grow. They don't fuss or work at their appearance, but have you ever seen such beauty? Even Solomon, in all his worldly glory and impressiveness, was not as beautiful as one of these. If God clothes a wildflower with incredible beauty, won't He take care to do the same with you, His child?"
- Luke 12


"Character cannot be developed in ease and quite. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
- Hellen Keller


"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
- Corrie Ton-Bloom


"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
- Mother Theresa


"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life!"
- Philippians 4:6


"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose."
- Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...