Sunday, April 2, 2017

D.C. Living


What a crazy year 2017 has been so far. Packing, moving, new job, and many other twists and turns in the journey which were not anticipated. Isn't that how life normally goes though? After making the difficult decision to take another leap of faith, take a job half way across the country (although much closer to my family!), things are finally starting to slow down and I'm getting back into a routine.


It's hard for me to believe that I am coming up on almost 2 months of living in the D.C. area. How in the world did that happen so fast?!?


I am loving this area.... so much history, things to do, and just a beautiful area. When moving to an area like D.C. where there is so many tourist things to see and do, I didn't feel in a big rush to do everything in my first few weeks of living here. I believe it was my 2nd week when I did drive around D.C. with my roommate, but didn't have time to walk around. Finally, last Saturday we decided to take the metro downtown and enjoy the cherry blossoms. After all, this is my first cherry blossom season as a local so of course I had to experience it!


There are SO MANY museums I want to see and things I want to do (haven't I mentioned that there is so much to do here?!), but that will have to be another weekend.


It was a gorgeous Saturday in the 70's with a slight breeze. Honestly, it was glorious! There were many people out and about so I'm glad we got a semi-early start, grabbed some coffee, and took in the sights.


Washington Monument


Unfortunately, the cherry blossoms weren't quite as full as we would have liked, but we got several inches of snow and ice about 2 weeks before peak bloom and sadly many died.


Jefferson Memorial















Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial








Lincoln Memorial








It was so gorgeous out. I honestly would have been perfectly content with reading a book, drinking an iced coffee, and sitting on the grass. I have plans to do that in the hopefully near future. 


WWII Memorial

It was just a start to see all that D.C. has to offer but after walking probably 5 miles, we were ready to call it a day and head home to relax. Excited to do some more exploring in my new city soon!

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...