Friday, January 29, 2016

{Friday Favorites} 1.29.16

Thank goodness it's Friday! I hope that you all had a wonderful week. It has been a good week but I am more than ready for the weekend to get started. I ended up having something every night this week which was all fun, but made for a super busy week. Tonight I am having a movie night with some friends and cannot wait! Movie, pizza, and comfy clothes. Yes please!

Here are some of my thoughts and favorites from the week:

ONE >>> As I sit here, sipping on my coffee, working up the motivation to get to work, I am excited for the gorgeous weather we are supposed to have here in Oklahoma this weekend! Today's high is 72. 72 in January! Definitely need to plan some outdoor activities this weekend. By Tuesday, we are supposed to have snow showers. Welcome to Oklahoma, the weather is very bi-polar. 

TWO >>> My friend and I checked out a new life group this week and it was so much fun! I am excited to get to know some new people.

THREE >>> I am very happy with how my scarf knitting project from last weekend turned out. I had been thinking about making a beige colored chunky infinity scarf to go with anything and I finally sat down last weekend to start it. And I finished it in just two days! I think I may need to make some more. However with the warm weather today, no chunky scarves needed.

FOUR >>> A couple months ago, I switched departments at work and took on a whole new list of responsibilities. It has been a steep learning curve but finally this week I fee as though I am slowly starting to get it and become more confident in my new role. Baby step progress!

FIVE >>> I made a delicious Balsamic chicken with asparagus and carrots last night. "Yum" is all I have to say. I'll share the recipe soon!

Happy Friday to all! Praying you have a wonderful, restful weekend. I'll see you back on Monday! 

Would love to connect with you on Instagram! You can find me @annelifjohnson

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! Wow, 72 in January and then snow? That's even crazier than in Indiana. We have bi-polar weather here too. So what all do you get to do with adoptive families? I'm an adoptive mom myself - we have 3 little ones we adopted domestically. :) Nice to meet you! Stopping by from The Pick! -Jessica, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, it's nice to "meet" you, thanks for visiting! Yes, Oklahoma does have pretty crazy weather. Now there is no snow in the forecast, just 40's. :) I work with families in the very beginning of their adoption process and help them through the paperwork and decide on a country program (we are an international adoption agency). I also work in our Lifetime Support Services department which is working a lot with kids and families once they are home and adjusting. I also direct our search program for individuals searching for their brith families from Korea and Haiti. All that to say, it's never boring! So awesome that you have 3 little adopted kiddos! I will definitely check out your blog. :)

      Blessings,
      Anneli

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...