Monday, October 6, 2014

Concerts Galore

Wow. This was the week of concerts, that is for sure. Three concerts in seven days. It's almost like an extended Kingdom Bound. Being from a small western NY town, it's not very often that we get good, Christian bands within a few hours of us. It just so happened that they all decided to come to the area within a week of each other!

Last Sunday was Rock the Lakes in Erie, PA. It was actually a two day event, but my friend, Laura, and I just went down for the Sunday event. Saturday was Toby Mac who is always fun to see in concert but since I had just seen him in August with my family at Kingdom Bound, I decided to pass. We were watching my brothers play baseball that day, but that will be in another post on another day. Anyways, back to Rock the Lakes. It was put on by the Billy Graham Association and Franklin Graham was there! We spent a night of worship with Kari Jobe and Michael W. Smith. It was amazing! One of the things I have missed so much while living in China, was corporate worship. And let me tell you... worshiping with 8,000 other believers is pretty incredible! And the great part about the day for a currently unemployed, ex-missionary? It was free! But... we had to get there early. And wait.

Sorry for the picture quality. I didn't bring my real camera to any of these events and just had my phone.



"Revelation Song" by Kari Jobe. 



I grew up listening to Michael W. Smith and it had been several years since I had seen him in concert. He always puts on a great concert! Played some new songs as well as some old!



The body of Christ. Incredible.


So that was last Sunday.

This past Saturday we drove 1 hour and 45 minutes to Houghton, NY, where my brother, Tage, is a freshman! They just had a brand new athletic complex built and they were dedicating it this weekend. We didn't make it for the dedication, but in honor of this dedication and family weekend, they had a concert with Tenth Avenue North and Matt Maher!

We were there a few hours early to we could spend time with Tage. Of course we had to visit their on-campus Starbucks!


We miss this guy so much, but know that he is where he is supposed to be. And he loves it!




Sound check! 






And then, since two concerts was not enough, I went with my parents yesterday to our local high school where Big Daddy Weave, Chris August, Group 1 Crew, and Dara MacLean were playing! Once again, another awesome time of worship.





I love concerts, but I am ready for a little break now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...