Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sunday Snapshot: Birthday Celebration

Twenty-eight years old. How did THAT happen? I know, I know, "just wait, Anneli." Honestly, it really doesn't bother me. After all, just two more years until I'm eligible to adopt form China. : ) Yes, it's a little weird since I still feel like I'm still twenty-one, but as my Mom said, "it's a number because you need one." This was my fourth birthday spent in China. I spent 2010 in Beijing with my wonderful friends there. 2012 was a funny year. I left to move to China on March 13th, arriving on the 14th (my birthday) so really I only had half a birthday with the time change. 2013 I was getting ready to fly home in a week for a two-month stay of rest and support raising. This year it was spent with friends and good food. I am blessed to have my good friend, Laura, here with me for the next two months! She even brought me a birthday banner. 


I received this delicious key lime frosting and cookie mix from a sweet friend months ago and figured this was a great time to use it.


They weren't bad although a little weird with the green colored cookies. Perfect for St.Patrick's Day coming up!


My sweet Mom, planned ahead (isn't she awesome?) and mailed me a surprise birthday present. It arrived last week and it was a struggle to wait until my actual birthday to open my gifts. I received a cute shirt (my Mom has way better style than me), earrings, and fun socks. My parents also bought me a nice pair of leather boots to replace mine that broke at Christmas but unfortunately I have to wait until I'm home to get those. I did receive a picture though with Kiah styling them, they are super cute!


With Laura here to take pictures, you may actually see a picture of me occasionally. Here I am about to open my gift. On my windowsill, of course.


My cousin, Stina, sent me a care package for my birthday. That arrived just two days before my birthday so I didn't have to wait quite so long.


She supplied me with some gummy goodies from the homeland. This should hold me over for a while!


Laura came to China straight from Africa where she spent the last two months. She brought me this beautiful bowl and bracelet. 


We went out for dinner with a few of my friends here. We ate "Dong Bei" style food with is Northern China food. It's my favorite. You can't have "dong bei" food without "jiaozi" (dumplings). These were pork and mushroom.


One of my favorite dishes in China, spicy green beans.


Spicy noodles.


This dish is pork with different toppings wrapped in a tofu wrap. I really don't like tofu but I love this dish!


Some sort of "bamboo" dish although not actually bamboo, just what they call it.


And of course, Sweet and Sour Pork. This is the closest you will get to General Tsao's Chicken.



Laura, myself, and Joy. Thanks for the fun birthday dinner, girls!


It was a fun birthday celebration. The celebration continued on Saturday but that will be a post for another day.


Twenty-eight is going to be a good year! I am excited to see all that the Lord has in store for this upcoming year.

Linking up with Ni Hao Ya'll


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...