Friday, March 28, 2014

Five Months

Five months. That is how long Sweetie has been with us. It always amaze me the transformation that takes place in these children. How they come to us broken, sad, and unable to trust.  


And how little by little, the wall that they put up, begins to crumble. 


I can't blame them honestly. These children have been through more than I could ever begin to imagine. I would be afraid to trust too when every person they have trusted, have let them down.


This little one came to us with a sense of joy in her heart and a smile that has not been dimmed. In fact, it has been shining even brighter in the last few months.


She brings so much joy and happiness to this place, I can't even describe it. She is tiny and weak, but she does not let that stop her. She has a determination that can get her through anything.


Five months is not a long time. But in those five months, she has learned to love, be loved, and to trust.


"Then you will call on Me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:12-13


1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping and praying that she and all the children find "forever families" very soon. Until then, God bless you and the rest of the people there for caring for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...