Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Highlights of 2013

I know there are many ways to highlight the year 2013. Many people choose their 13 favorite moments or favorite photos. Since I have way too many favorite moments and pictures, I decided I would pick a picture from each month from the past year. I promised I'd get it up by Chinese New Year which is tomorrow. So here we are... the highlights from 2013!

In January, I had the amazing privilege of watching this precious sweetie join her forever family. I also was able to witness the"gotcha day" of about 15 other children! It's a day that I will never forget! 


Last year, Chinese New Year fell on February 14th. We always bring out the Chinese silks to dress the kids in for the occasion. Woohoo for Year of the Snake! We are now entering the Year of the Horse.


March was a month of birthdays! We had two children celebrating birthdays this month along with our director's wife and myself! I was very blessed to celebrate my birthday with this little sweetie who is near and dear to my heart. March was also the month that I traveled home for 2 months to raise support for another year in China.


April's highlight was going on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC with my family for Easter. Even though it was chilly this year, we still had fun and I managed to get a little tan. It was a great time spent with family.


May brought baseball, baseball, and more baseball! Thankfully, I love it! Since I was home during baseball season, I got to watch Asa and Thaddeus play college ball and Tage play high-school ball.  There is nothing quite like sitting outside on a beautiful spring day taking in a ball game. I wish I had counted the number of ball games I have gone too over the years! This season was very special because it was the last time I was going to see Asa play. He is a senior this year and I most likely won't be home in time to see him play his last game.


June was the month of getting back into my routine in China. From what I remember, it was a month of loving on my little ones!


On the 4th of July we received a call that a baby boy was recently abandoned and in need of immediate medical care. A late night drive to Guangzhou and he was admitted that evening. This tiny boy would go on to spend the next several months of his life in and out of the hospital. He is doing so well today!


In August, we said goodbye to this young lady who had been with since January. She brought such laughter and joy to the foster home.


In September, I traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to spend 5 days with my dear friend, Caroline, and her husband! It was a wonderful relaxing week spent with good friends, eating great food. I loved it!


In October, this cutie left us to join her adoptive family. I miss her laughter and spunk!


November I traveled home to spend the holidays with my family. On Thanksgiving Day, all 7 of us Johnson kids were together. That doesn't happen too often anymore!


In December, I got to experience China with my brother, Thaddeus. It was awesome to go to the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Wangfujing Street, and many other awesome sites while he was here. What an incredible way to end 2013!


Looking back, I can not believe how fast this past year flew. I only wrote about the fun times and exciting things that happened but in all honestly, there were quite a few difficult times. Looking back, I see the Lord's fingerprints all over this year.

2013 was great but I am very excited to see what 2014 has in store. It has been a great year so far. This year is going to be a year of change. I will share more on that later. I am so excited to see where the Lord leads and guides me in this new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...