Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hard

Being away for 6 months at a time, means that things change. Change isn't always bad and  it's not always easy. In fact, sometimes it's just plain hard and painful. And to be perfectly honest, it really stinks. Especially when that change involves people I love. People who were here when I left in May and not here when I arrived back in November. 

Many of you know, that my Grandpa Johnson passed away this fall. On September 4, 2013, he went to be with His Lord. And quite honestly, although I miss him, I'm so happy for him. He is in a better place. A place where there is no pain or suffering. However, it is still hard for those of us left behind. It's not the same without him here. 


Even though I knew he wouldn't be here when I arrived home, it didn't "sink in" until I visited his grave a few weeks ago. That's when the reality set in.


My Grandfather was getting old though. He lived a long, fulfilling life filled with love, joy, and family. My dear neighbor, passed away of cancer just a week after I returned to China in May. She also lived a life full of love, joy, and family, but her life was too short. She died too young.


It's easy to ask God "why?" Why would this happen? When in fact, we may never know. We just have to trust that He is still good. Always.


Seeing these graves is hard. Part of me just wanted to skip this step. I didn't want to visit the graves of people who were alive just 7 months ago when I was here before. But I knew I needed too.

And I am so glad I did. Change is hard, that is for sure. And we will never heal from those we love. But we will remember that God is good all, All The Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...