Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 22 of Thankfulness: Seasons

I am thankful for seasons.

I didn't realize how blessed I was to grow up in a climate where I could experience all four seasons until now when I'm in a climate where we don't. I just love the different seasons.

The freshness and excitement of new life in the spring.
 The smell of freshly cut grass, swimming, and being outdoors barefoot on a beautiful summer day.
The vibrant colors and crispness in the air when fall (my favorite season and the one I have missed the most) arrives.
And yes, even the freezing cold weather and snow covered roads in the winter. Now I could live in an area where snow doesn't last quite as long as NY but last year just didn't feel like Christmas with the warm temperatures and lack of snow in southern China.
Yes, I absolutely love the seasons. I have no idea where I am going to end up when I leave China, but I hope it's an area where there are seasons. Nothing quite like the changing of the seasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...