Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 17 of Thankfulness: Church

I am thankful for Church.
Attending Church each Sunday is something that I have always taken for granted. Until, I live in a place (like now) where I am not able to be a part of a Church family. I am thankful for the internet and technology (see my Day 16 of Thankfulness post) which allows me to listen to my home Church's sermons online. However, I miss the fellowship of meeting with other believers once a week, small groups, and other get togethers. I especially miss worship. Singing and praise God together with other believers. There is nothing quite like it. We do not have an English speaking fellowship in my city and in order to attend the English speaking foreigner Church, we have to take several buses and a taxi which takes several hours each way. It's just not something I am able to do each Sunday. When I do make the trip though, it is so refreshing to my soul to be united with other believers. 

I am very excited that next Sunday, I WILL be attending Church. My home Church in the U.S. Oh how I can't wait to be home.



1 comment:

  1. Thankful for you that you'll be at your home church next week! And feeling renewed thankfulness for English translation and tri-lingual worship at the church I attend here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...