Friday, May 31, 2013

Sorrow

"Cause me to understand the way of Your precepts, that I may meditate on Your wonderful deeds."
Psalm 119:27
 There are so many things in this life that we will never understand.
We know that "ALL things work together for good for those who love God." (Romans 8:28)
But we may not know what those things are this side of heaven.
We live in a lost and fallen world.
A world full of sin, heartache, pain, and sickness.
But a verse the Lord laid on my heart the other morning was this:
 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:7-9)
 This week, the world lost an amazing woman.
She was a mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and most importantly, daughter of the Heavenly King.
She loved God with her whole heart and lived out her faith to those around her.
You could just see the love of Christ shining through her life and in her smile.

My dear neighbor back home lost the battle to cancer. 
But when I think about it, she didn't lose at all.
She actually WON.
She is in Heaven.
She is probably chatting with Jesus right now.
She is with her Heavenly Father and in no more pain.
How cool is that to think about?

Yet we are the ones who lost.
Because we lost her here on earth and we are still here.
 I KNOW that I am going to see her again, but the loss is still great.
The pain still raw.
And the tears still fall.
She wasn't just a neighbor to me, but part of our family.

Before I flew back to China, my family had the amazing privilege to spend some time in worship with her family.
We have had so many memories over the years together.
Playing, dinners, camping, concerts, etc.
But WORSHIP will be my last memory. 
A memory of praising Jesus together.
And thanking Him for what he has done, is doing, and will do.
Isn't that what it's all about?
Even in the midst of the knowledge that she is with Jesus, it still hurts.
And that is okay too because there is a "time to weep and a time to mourn." (Ecclesiastes 3:3-5)

"Weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
Psalm 30:5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...