Monday, May 13, 2013

He Can Move the Mountains

So often it is hard to understand what God is doing and how He is working.
But part of faith is trusting that He is, even when we don't see it.
Quite often God is working behind the scenes and we don't even see how until later.
 I know I have mentioned this before, but it's easy to trust God with my life, but when I'm asked to trust Him with the love of someone else?
That is so much harder.
Especially when it is someone who I love so very, very much and would do anything for.
"Letting go and letting God" has got to be one of the hardest things to do.
And daily falling on my knees before the Creator of the universe and say "I trust You with his life."
 Saturday night I went to bed with a heavy heart. 
I knew that I needed to be praying hard for this individual.
That God is absolutely not done with him but also that the devil is not going to give up so easily.

Yesterday morning, we sang "Mighty to Save" in Church.
Now this is a song I have sung for years and love.
But yesterday morning, it meant to much more and hit me that much harder.

"Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, mighty to save."

Those are the words that rocked me to my core.
And caused the tears to begin flowing.
Because you know what?
God CAN move the mountains.
But maybe His mountains are not the mountains I am picturing. 
Maybe His plan is so much better and greater than I can ever think or imagine.
Maybe, just maybe, He isn't going to move in the way I think He should.
But in a way even better.
 We will learn some very life affecting information today.
But even if the news is bad and not what we were hoping or praying for,
I know God is STILL in control.
And He still WILL move mountains.
Even if it's not the mountains we are expecting.
Whatever the outcome, He will lead and guide.
In Him I put my trust and in Him I will continue to praise over what He has, is, and WILL do.


2 comments:

  1. Love this. so true. Something I need to retell myself all the time. Especially here in Uganda when I'm trying to sort out my life AND other peoples lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love reading about your adventures Joanna! Keep them coming!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...