Monday, March 4, 2013

How Time Heals

"In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

~I Peter 1:6-9


It's amazing what a difference a year can make. 
And then what two years can make. 
How God can heal and restore.

In 2011 as many of you know, my world fell apart. 
I had a vision and a dream of the future and that all fell through in one phone call.
And what does one do when her world falls apart?
One has to make a decision.
Whether to trust God or turn away from Him.

Today I am so very, very thankful that I chose to trust God. 
I know that He has a plan for my life that is so much better than I could ever plan for myself. 
During that period of confusion and pain, I meditated on scripture after scripture. 
I had no desire to do anything else but cry out to God and meditate on His Word. 
And this passage from I Peter stood out to me.
I remember reading it as tears streamed down my face. 
Knowing that this was a very clear message from God to me. 
And in the months since then, I have healed and grown. 

The other morning I once again came across this passage. 
And once again, the tears started flowing but this time for a totally different reason.
Wasn't out of pain, but out of truth.
How very true God's Word is. 
I saw this passage in a totally different light in March 2013 than I did in May 2011. 

God is good. 
To Him alone be all the glory and praise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...