Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Meaning

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."                      
John 14:18


Exciting things are happening at the foster home. We have had THREE new children arrive in the last 24 hours. Two are going to be in our traditional foster home. A 6 week old baby boy and a 2 1/2 year old boy. Welcome to the family boys! We can't wait to love on you and see the miraculous change in your lives. 


Our third "child" isn't a child at all. This young lady is a 21 year old girl who has lived her whole life in an orphanage. She was abandoned when she was a few days old and has lived in the orphanage ever since. She was born in the early 90's, right around when international adoptions from China began. And she is missing an eye which would give her a special need label and back when special need adoptions from China weren't common, she was never adopted. 


This girl has come to join us and for that we are thrilled. We are wanting to give her a fresh start. To give her a hope and a future. 

As this young lady lay sleeping on my couch this afternoon (she is living with me), I couldn't help but think of how blessed I am. 
I have no idea what it's like to grow up without a family.
To live in an orphanage my whole life. 
To watch other children be adopted and to be reminded that nobody wants me. 

It brought me to tears gazing at her and thinking about how her life must have been. 
She is so happy to be with us and we couldn't be more thrilled. She is sweet and a joy to be around.

I can tell she is already set on teaching me Chinese! As we walked home for lunch, she pointed out everything and told me the Chinese name for it. Maybe this is the solution to my problems!


Having her in my life gives me a whole new meaning to John 14:18 and Jeremiah 29:11.
God has not forgotten her. 
He is with her and LOVES her so much. 
And He has a big plan for her life. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper and not harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...