Monday, December 17, 2012

Especially Now

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of God endures forever." (Isaiah 40:8)



My normal Sunday routine involves listening to worship music and my home Church’s sermon on podcast from the previous Sunday. Due to the 13 hour time change, I’m a week behind on the sermons. My Mom and my friend, Laura, both have told me in the last few days how great last week’s sermon was and I finally had a chance to listen to it today and let me tell you, it WAS good!

It was based on the scripture text, Isaiah 40:1-8. What stood out to me in the sermon was how we try to control our life. We forget that God is working right now. We may be in a dark place. We may be struggling and in pain and suffering. Or we may just be wondering what God IS doing. And yes, God is working. He may not be working when we want him to work or using the method we think He should be working. But He is.

I find comfort in knowing that God is working especially now. Even though there are things in my life that I wish were different, God has not forgotten. And I needed the reminder that His way and His timing is always best. 


1 comment:

  1. it's so great that you can stay connected to your church from China :) God's timing always makes sense in retrospect!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...