Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

026_thumb1-001

Today is the birthday of the most wonderful Dad in the entire world….. MY Dad! Really…. let me brag for a minute. I have awesome parents. Now I have several friends and acquaintances who have gone overseas to serve for varying lengths of time. Some have supportive parents and family members but I know of several who do not. I am very blessed to have parents who are extremely supportive of the work I am doing. I know they miss me, but I know that they would  never stand in the way of what God is doing in my life right now. They are usually the ones encouraging me and reminding me that I am where God wants me to be on those days that I do not want to be here!

I am so blessed to have the incredible father that I have. I’m definitely a “daddy’s girl” which makes it that much harder to say goodbye each time I leave. He’s encouraging, loves to pray for me, is full of wisdom, and usually knows what to say to make me start crying. Ok, sometimes he doesn’t have to say anything! Just seeing him when I arrived home in August made me start crying! He is wonderful and I miss him so very much.

I know that whoever my husband is going to be someday that he has tough footsteps to walk in since the role model I have in my head of a wonderful husband and father is my own Dad.

Happy Birthday Dad, wish I could be there with you to celebrate!

AnneliPurple flower

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday Bruce! (a great dad's name--it was my dad's name too!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...