Sunday, October 21, 2012

Right Where I’m At

I love how we serve a God who meets us right where we are.
First of all, I want to thank you all SO VERY MUCH for all of your sweet words of encouragement and most of all, your prayers. I can feel them and know that I am not alone in this even though I may feel it at times.
On Saturday I had the opportunity to go bike riding with some friends. Now I will admit, I was VERY tempted to just say “no” and stay home. I just wasn’t in the mood. I was homesick, confused, and just really doubting that China is even where the Lord wants me.
But yet, I felt deep down that I should go. And so I reluctantly agreed and set out on an adventure.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
It turned out to be just what I needed! We were on the outskirts of the city where we rented bikes and biked probably 5-7 miles on these paths which meandered through the hills with GORGEOUS scenery.
It was absolutely breathtaking and a breath of fresh air.
I felt such peace.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
A verse that kept coming to mind was Psalm 121:1 which says:
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth.”
Psalm 121:1
And that is where my help and your help come from.
Our Heavenly Father.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
He met me on Saturday. He met me in my confusion, my loneliness, and in my uncertainty.
And He reminded me to turn to Him. That my help will ONLY come from Him.
It will never come in friends.
Or a job.
A husband or family.
Only from Him.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
Just being in the beauty of His creation reminded me of how powerful He is. How if He can create the mountains, valley’s, and streams just by SAYING IT, then He can do anything.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
He not only met me this weekend, but also put people into my path to encourage and remind me that God is indeed working.
What I am doing is not in vain, but God is using me not only here in China, but also in encouraging OTHERS to go, step out in faith and trust Him.
That is crazy!
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
It’s not about me anyways.
Never has been.
And never will be.
It’s all about Him.
<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
Remember how I have been praying for friends for months?
Well God has heard me and has answered.
Someday I will learn that He tends to do that.

<Samsung i85, Samsung VLUU i85>
“The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope IN THE LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.”
Isaiah 40:28-31
Praise be to the God who never gives up on me.
No matter how many times I fail Him.
Anneli

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS photos of your bike ride! Wow--who wouldn't want to visit where you are. Wow. (Did I say that already?) --I'm hearing from Tara too that that is a gorgeous area! So happy to know that you have been blessed with a new friend(s) and that your heart isn't as confused and anxious. You are making a difference where you are in the link you make between the children and sponsors/families/potential adopters and in the lives of those 12 precious children just to name a few. Hugs--Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so faithful!!!!

    We continue to pray for you all at NDS! Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...