Friday, August 10, 2012

Surreal

Home sweet home.

Even though I have been in the states for over a week now, I just arrived HOME on Monday.

My time in the US has been good so far. Had the joy of celebrating the marriage of my cousin, Stina, to her now husband, John, on August 6th.

Was able to go to Kingdom Bound on Wednesday with my family.

I have had the opportunity to get caught up with friends and spend time with family.

And to just be home.

However, I have changed.

People have changed.

I have only been gone just over 4 months, but things have changed during that time.

And I’m having a hard time time trying to figure out “where is home?”

China doesn’t feel like home.

And even at my parents house, I moved all of my stuff out of “my room.”

I’m a guest in my own house.

Life has gone on.

I can’t even say that just others have changed, because I have changed as well.

Now don’t get me wrong, change isn’t necessarily bad.

It’s just different.

Since I’ve been in NY, several people have asked me “how are you, Anneli?”

And honestly, I’m not sure.

It all seems very surreal.

I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve been in China.

Forever since I’ve been home.

And not quite sure where I fit in anymore.

“For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come” (Hebrews 13:14).

Our home is not here on earth.

Our home is to come.

No wonder it’s hard to figure out where “home” is.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...