Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bittersweet Departure

Today is the day.

I am leaving for Hong Kong at 9 a.m. this morning.

How have I already been here 4 months?

And how did I become so attached to these kids so quickly?

As much as I am looking forward to my trip home, I’m dreading saying goodbye to my little ones this morning.

Especially, my sweetheart. I haven’t gone more than a few days without seeing her since she arrived at just 2 weeks of age.

Or my little man who has changed before my eyes. He doesn’t even look like the same child I met in March!

And I can’t forget my cutie pie. This little one has me wrapped around her little finger and has the sweetest spirit.

I’m amazed at what God has done in my heart in such a short time. I’m finding healing and peace.

It’s be hard but I know that God will take care of them until I return next month.

** My blogging will become less frequent in the next few weeks as I travel and spend time with family and friends in the states. I will try to update as much as I can with how things are going!

Anneli

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be carrying them in your heart all the while you are away and what a blessed homecoming it will be when you return!! Oh how you will miss your Charlotte. (and I'll miss the updates) It will be good to get a dose of home to recharge your spirit ... and also your family's! They miss you tons I bet!! Wish I could be your "swap-in replacement" at NDS (heehee) --course I'd have to bring my boys too and that would be a bit overwhelming for the little ones there, ha! Wishing you great travels. Home is so very good no matter where you travel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...