Monday, February 27, 2012

Journey Ahead

“The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

~Deuteronomy 31:8

036

This is one of my all time favorite verses. As my departure date draws nearer, God continues to remind me that He has gone before me. It’s easy to think that it’s all new territory. And yes, that may be true for myself, but the truth is that God knows what I’m getting myself into.

It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the “journey ahead.” To look at the unknowns of the future and to get scared. But God tells us over and over again that there is no need to be afraid. I know not only that God is with me now, but that He will be with me as I travel to China. He is never ever going to leave me.

007

I leave in 15 days, 2 weeks from tomorrow. I will admit that I am human and yes, my nerves are beginning to kick in. But so is the excitement. The excitement of the journey ahead. The last time I went to China, I didn’t know what to expect and my heart was in so many places that I didn’t feel like I could completely pour my heart into the work I was doing there. This time, it’s just me and Jesus going. I just feel….. different. And I can’t help but get excited.

012

I encourage you to trust Him. To allow Him to lead and guide you, especially when it’s scary. Remember, he goes before you. 

Would you please keep me in your prayers these next few weeks? My last day of work is this Thursday and in the coming weeks as I say goodbye to my friends and family. Pray for strength and peace about the significant life changes coming up. Pray that He will continue to remind me of who He is!

Anneli

3 comments:

  1. hey thats one of my favorite verses too!

    thanks for encouraging your readers to TRUST... His plan is always in our best interest!

    praying for you friend!

    jim baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you! What an incredible step to make at this point in your life. (Can I trade places with you for just a few days?!) I'm already looking forward to your posts (and your pictures! They greatly need more photos from NDS in my opinion.) The best place to be is in the center of God's Will for you.
    Hugs,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...