Thursday, January 26, 2012

Comfort Zone

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

~Deuteronomy 31:6

One thing that has been on my heart a lot these last few weeks is how comfortable my life here in the states is. Since my decision to return to China, there have been numerous times over the last few months that I have sometimes wanted to just stay here in the life I have. I mean, I have a good job, great friends, a loving family, nice car, good health insurance, and wonderful Church to name to just a few. In less than 7 weeks I am leaving all of that to move to the other side of the world. I’ve gotten used to my life. I’m used to having a paycheck come in every 2 weeks, enjoy eating out and my Starbucks, know that I can pay all my bills, and have friends who can speak my language.

It’s scary venturing into the unknown. Scary to leave all that is comfortable and familiar in order to obey what God has called me to do. Don’t get me wrong, I am SO excited for the journey He has called me on, but I am still human. And there are times that I just want to stay in my comfort zone. But God never told us that following Him would be “comfortable” now did He? “In this world you will have trouble; but take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

I am trading in my comfort zone for the sake of the call. And who knows? Maybe one day, China will be my “comfort zone” and when God calls me to leave, I’ll be having this conversation all over again. One never knows.

Anneli

2 comments:

  1. thanks for being honest, i think sometimes people think its easy for the people to go and do what they do... its not always easy, but its always worth it :) thanks for being obedient to the call on your life, following Him is better than any worldly sense of "comfort"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
    --Matthew 19:29

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...