Thursday, January 19, 2012

2 Years Ago…

 

032

2 years ago today, I departed for my first trip to China. Little did I know that it was just the beginning of what was yet to come in the years to follow.

I still remember the nerves and anxiety on January 19, 2010, as I boarded that plane. I was flying 7,000 miles away from the life I had known for 23 years, and to an unknown country where I didn’t know anyone, didn’t speak the language, and had no idea what I was getting myself in the language, culture, or really what I was getting myself into.

I may not have known, but God knew exactly what He was doing. He knew that this trip was just the beginning. That through my time there, my heart would be captured by the orphans of China. How God loves each and everyone one of them and has such amazing plans for their lives. And how in a small way, I was able to play a role in caring for His precious children. 

I love how God has pursued me. How He placed orphans on my heart in 2001 and how that burden has increased over time. I remember how many times over the years that I said “no” to Him calling me overseas. But He never gave up. He kept pursuing me over and over again and calling me to China. Thankfully this time I said “yes” a little quicker.

As look at who I was in 2010 boarding that plane and who I am now, I am blown away. How God has stretched me and challenged me in ways far beyond what I ever thought I could handle. Actually it WAS beyond what I could handle, but not beyond God. He has been there through it all.

As I prepare to leave for China once again on March 13, 2012, I’m just excited. Yes, there are still nerves. But I’m more excited that anything. I’m going back to a country I love, people I love, and children I love. And I have so much more confidence in myself and who God has created me to be. Little did I know that on that day in January 2010 was just the beginning of a beautiful story He was writing.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...