Wednesday, October 5, 2011

God’s Promises

“And God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.’”

Genesis 9:12-16

One way that God reminds me of His promises is through nature. Specifically through sunsets and sunrises but also in rainbows. I have lots of changes coming up. Someone once told me “change isn’t always bad it’s just different.” And that’s so true. It isn’t always bad, but different scares us. Unknowns scare us. But We never have to be scared because God is always there. He has gone before us in all things.

“The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid: do not be discouraged.”

Deuteronomy 31:8

When I was on my way home from work the other day, I was in a pretty good mood but just thinking. Thinking about life and thinking about the changes coming up. And then I saw a rainbow. God’s promise to never destroy the earth again. But it also held more meaning to mean. His promise to “never leave us nor forsake us.” God’s promise that we don’t have to worry because He has it all under control. That He will never leave. People will come in and out of our lives but our God is consistent. He will always be by our side no matter where we are in life. That is one promise we can always hang onto.

007

 

001

 

003

 

016

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...