Monday, September 12, 2011

God’s Way of Doing Things

“And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose”

Romans 8:28

God sometimes has an interesting way of doing things. Well at least to us it seems interesting and doesn’t make sense, but according to Him, it makes perfect sense. I feel like sometimes when I am so frustrated with what I’m going through and continuing to ask God what He is doing and how any of this makes sense, God is up in Heaven saying:

 “Just wait, Anneli. If you would only trust me and rely on me, my plan will make perfect sense when the time is right.”

But we don’t work that way. We want to KNOW NOW. We don’t want to “wait for it to make sense." So basically we want the destination but want to skip the journey. When the truth is, God works the most DURING the journey. He shapes us and molds us and challenges us to become the people He wants us to be. And if life went smoothly and problem free all the time, our faith wouldn’t be authentic. I think about how life is so confusing and not the way I want it right now. But then I remember the incredible experience God is calling me on. And how if life were how Anneli wanted it right now, there is no way I would be about to go where God is calling me. Ok, I wouldn’t say there would be NO way but it would be a whole lot harder to say no to what I wanted, and yes, to what God wanted.

And God knows my hearts desire. He knows what’s in my heart and in my prayers and my dreams. And He hasn’t said “no” to all that, but He has said “not now. In my timing, Anneli, not yours.” So I’m trusting Him and jumping. Jumping into a complete unknown. But knowing that the God of the universe will catch me and that He will provide for me in ways like I’ve never seen Him provide before. And who knows? Maybe my timing is just off.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...