Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surrendering over and over and over…

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for you to gain the whole world, and yet lose your soul?”

Luke 9:23-25

001

I think I’ve always had a false sense of surrendering. I think I thought that it’s a one time thing and then you’re fine. I do believe that sometimes that is the case. But I also believe that there are other times where you need to surrender over and over and over again. Constantly bringing whatever you going through to God. Lately for me it may be anywhere from 1 time a day to 30 times a day. Where I say “here you go again God. I’m struggling and here is the situation once again.” I spent the night with two dear friends of mine on Sunday night at a house on the lake. And I was up at about 5:30 a.m. not being able to sleep. At first I was frustrated, but I know it was God prompting me. Finally around 7:30 a.m. I got up saying “okay God, I’m getting up.” Took my Bible and journal to the porch over looking the lake and spending some time with Him. He spoke through Luke that morning. About “denying ourselves daily.” That’s what Jesus says. That daily we have to give up our wants. Our desires. Our plans for Him. That is tough! Especially lately because I know what I want and what I think should happen. But I have to constantly lay that all down at the Lord’s feet. I know what God has been speaking to me for the last 2 years so it’s hard to just give all that up. But I need to give it to Him and follow Him. Wherever and whatever that may be. I’m laying it all down at His feet. Over and over and over again.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...