Monday, October 4, 2010

God Never Gives Us More Than We Can Handle....

This is one thing that I was thinking about a lot a week ago.... and now I know why God placed it on my heart. It's been a rough week. I interviewed for a case worker position in foster care in Jamestown on Thursday, September 23rd. I was going to hear "early next week" as to whether I received it or not. Well finally after still no news on Thursday, September 30th, I emailed HR and soon learned that I did NOT get the position. However 10 minutes got a call that no, I didn't get the Jamestown one but was offered the same job in one of their other offices. Downside? It's 1 1/2 hours away. Let's just say that I wasn't quite sure what to do. I had until Monday to decide. Well after much prayer and tears, I decided to turn it down. I just didn't feel as though this was a time when I wanted to move especially when I don't know what is in store for me in the next year or so. I also REALLY wanted to stay in Jamestown to get an apartment with Laura and Rachel. So, today I called them and turned it down. Also I needed to decide by today (Monday) about this apartment lease since Rachel and Laura were signing it today. Well again after much prayer and tears (long weekend.....) I decided to not sign the lease today. My goal is now for November 1st. Also this weekend I've talked to Karen and it looks like I'm going to work in the office at Mission Meadows for a while filling in while our current office manager is out. I also have an interview on Wednesday for a tutoring position in Jamestown. So........... is this God's plan? At this point, I still have no idea. This fall is definately not going how I planned for it to go. Is it going to be better? Probably because God's plan is ALWAYS better. So please keep me in your prayers for these next few weeks. I'm going to camp tomorrow to be trained and then will start the end of this week or early next week. Also about the tutoring position that if that is where the Lord wants me, it'll all work out. Also, just for my state of mind. I've been pretty stressed this past week and overwhelmed. Oh yeah and Jeff arrived safely in Nepal. On top of everything else, my boyfriend was somewhere in Asia with no way for me to reach him! What a life I live..... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...